Click here to download the CV for detail .
Ph.D. student in Social Welfare | 08/2018-present
Designated Emphasis in Computational and Data Science and Engineering
University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
Departmental fellowship award
Applied Data Science Certificate
Data Scientist with R/Python Track Certificate (Datacamp, 04/2019)
Master of Science in Social Administration | 09/2015 - 05/2017
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
Bachelor of Arts in Communication | 09/2011 - 06/2015
Shanxi University, Shanxi, China
GPA 85/100 & Rank 8/41
Outstanding Graduates, Second/Third Prize and Excellent Student Scholarship Award
- D(Data)-Lab, Berkeley, CA
Data Science Consultant 10/2019 – present
- Provided consulting service for the students with R, Python, geographic information system (GIS) and machine learning questions at University of California, Berkeley
- Collaborated with students in one Kaggle competition and increase the prediction rate from 83% to 90% via an NLP model. Finally, we got No.4 among the total 50 teams
- Helped students build their research design and make their research project move forward
- Guizhou Berkeley Big Data Innovation Research Center, Berkeley, CA
Research Associate/Data Scientist 09/2017 – 07/2018
- Conducted literature reviews about left-behind children and aging service in China for Professor Susan Stone and Professor Andrew Scharlach; helped prepare reports and presentations
- Cleaned and analyzed government data from four departments in Guiyang via R and Python as a coder supervisor, wrangling over 1 million individuals’ information linked through 200+ tables
- Assisted Guiyang city government establish rules for collecting data and building datasets
- Provided consultation on how to apply data science to social goods and related policies
- Programming skills in Python, R, and proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Familiar with Machine Learning (Cluster Analysis, Decision Tree),
Deep Learning (Neural Network (Kears, Tensorflow)) and
Natural Language Processing (Word2Vec, RNN)
- Experience in HTML, SPSS, C++, STATA and ArcGIS.
- Native in Mandarin and fluent in English.
- Enjoy photography and familiar with Finalcut, Photoshop and Lightroom